Unfortunately, pricing for LACA's Hosted Wireless Service is determined on a case-by-case basis. The number of buildings and number of access points fluxuates greatly between different customers. LACA coordinates a "site survey" to determine placement and quantity of access points, and can ONLY provide a final formal quote after this information has been gathered.
However, for the purposes of budgeting, we CAN show you very generalized pricing estimates based on past experience. These prices are not LACA's official quoted pricing, and your district may potentially be lower than or exceed the cost range stated below.
On average, the cost is between $22-$27 per access point per month. NOTE: This pricing is BEFORE any eRate discounts are applied. Districts enter into a 3-to-5 year contract with LACA for the service. After the contract period ends, equipment can be refreshed and replaced by more modern equipment by entering into a new contract with LACA, or you may continue on with the current equipment at a greatly reduced cost per year after the initial contract ends.
The monthly per-access point price includes:
- All WIFI equipment (access points and controller)
- Installation and configuration of access points and controller.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of all access points and controller for the duration of the contract. LACA handles replacement of any failed access point or controller hardware.
The monthly per-access point prices does NOT include the following:
- Cost of the initial site-survey.
- Any wiring needed from distribution closets to locations of the access points.
- Power over Ethernet switches needed to connect and power the access points.